Repair Servo Motors Quickly
Servo motors are invaluable components of many industry processes. Their precision makes them essential for companies involved in automated manufacturing, CNC machining, robotics, and more. These machines are built to last, but even the hardiest servo motor will experience failure at some points in its life. When a servo motor goes down, it's crucial that you have access to a superior repair process.
Downtime causes loss of productivity, and can result in significant losses for the company. Every minute counts when you need emergency repairs! This is why it's important for you to ensure that your industrial electronics repair firm is providing superior service.
If you are looking for an industrial repair firm to handle your servo motor repair needs, there are several key points to consider. Here are a few of the questions to ask prospective repair companies:
- What skills do personnel have? Most repair services employ technicians. Skilled technicians are able to deal with common servo motor problems such as loose connections, worn bearings, loose through bolts, incorrect GAIN settings, or overheating. But sometimes, erratic servo motor operation requires deeper investigation. Superior firms employ in-house engineers, so that when expertise is needed, it's available immediately.
- How much experience does the firm have? Is the repair company well established, and does it have experience with all the major servo motor brands? Better repair services specialize in certain areas, but have a comprehensive knowledge base. Look for a company that's been in business for many years, and that has experience with handling a wide variety of brands. You want to trust a firm that deals with hundreds of brands, and that has repaired thousands of servo motors!
- Does the firm offer free quotation on repairs? Better firms will give you a free estimate on repairs.
- How quickly will repairs be completed? Superior firms will have a high percentage rate of one-day repairs. Look for a company that has a one-day repair record of more than 50 per cent, and that offers 24-hour emergency repair service.
- Can they magnetize servo motors? Remagnetizing can ensure that your repaired motor will have the proper torque.
- Do they have cutting-edge diagnostics? Testing the flux density and pattern throughout the magnet will help to make sure that your servo motor has maximum torque. Does the company have the proper equipment to test output signals provided by an encoder, a resolver, a tachometer or a hall effect sensor? These signals must be analyzed carefully.
- Do they provide a warranty on work? Most companies will provide warranties, helping to assure that yours will be a solid rebuild. Some also guarantee that repairs will cost less than 50 per cent of the cost of new equipment.
Perhaps the most important thing a repair company can provide is understanding of the urgent nature of the servo motor repair. Virtually all the hallmarks of a superior company pertain to the speed with which they can get your servo motor up and running again.
When your servo motor goes down, you need to know that your repair company will provide you with a reliable repair as soon as possible.
Ontario boasts some of the best industrial electronics repair companies in the world. Investigate your options today!